Fees are now based on annual membership and then the amount of time required for more complex services beyond the initial membership intake session. The comprehensive history establishing membership can be done at our offices, your home or by various “telemedicine platforms” such as zoom. For home bound clients we prefer a home visit in order to get an idea of basic safety, ease of carrying out the activities of daily living and social interactions with family and house staff .
Our Annual Membership Plan includes the following services:
- A detailed review of your medical and social history including identifying health and medical priorities in order to make the best recommendations to address and manage care needs. In our intake we:
- Review current medications and supplements for poly pharmacy and toxic interactions.
- Review recent medical records from US or Canada or elsewhere if available and determine best care options if any in Mexico
- Make referrals to appropriate specialist or alternative care practitioners and help with appointments if needed
- Review of medical insurance status
- Review of standard health screening actions with recommendations tailored to client
- Review of Mexican documents to see if adequate in case of an emergency i.e. wills, POA, living wills (Medical Directives)
- Creation of a confidential medical record electronically shared by Monique Thomas, Deborah Bickel and Dr. Emilio Ramirez
- We also help you develop an emergency plan tailored to your specific circumstances and a sample form for you to post prominently with critical information for first responders.
Membership also includes:
- Uncomplicated referrals and requests for information
- Membership card
- Creation of a form for emergency information
- Rapid response to referral needs or advice. Appointments with one of our bilingual team or urgent referrals can nearly always be scheduled within 24 to 48 hours.
Costs and FEES for membership and services
Membership costs the peso equivalent of $350 per person for the initial year and the peso equivalent of $300 annually thereafter.
The membership agreement needs to be in place before membership services are provided. We prefer cash payment in the peso equivalent of $350 US dollars but accept payment through PayPal for a 10 % fee to cover exchange rate differences and processing. Payment by paypal is $385 dollars the first year. Deposit should be made to the Be Well account which is email@example.com.
If you are unable to keep an appointment for reasons other than illness, and are unable to give 24 hours advance notice, we reserve the right to charge for your missed appointment. We expect fee-for-services payment at the time of service. If no other arrangements have been made, there will be a 10% surcharge if the payment is delayed beyond 5 days.
The following services are not included with membership but are often offered only to members as the demand for our services increases . We charge members the peso equivalent of $75 dollars an hour or fraction thereof and nonmembers for the peso equivalent of $85 US dollars include:
- Referrals to carefully vetted high quality medical, dental, alternative and other para-clinical practitioners
- Assistance with documentation necessary for creating a medical directive legal in Mexico
- Accompanying you to medical appointments and taking notes if needed.
- Consults on particular medical problems including plans and referrals.
- Translation in person for medical care or of Spanish language documents
- Communication with family members as needed and requested
- Assistance with medical billing issues
- Help with decisions regarding insurance and management of care between the US and Mexico. We are not insurance agents, but we keep track of insurance options and can help you make decisions based on your particular circumstance about what your needs may be. We also can help coordinate care between US and Mexican health providers.
- Home nursing care and support:
We are able to quickly make you as safe and comfortable as possible receiving appropriate home health care at a reasonable cost. We set up and supervise a properly equipped in-home care team with high quality nursing care and nursing assistants, arrange for home visits from physicians whose work we know well and in general advocate for the health care you need.
For those with a long term or temporary need for home care we have the staff, equipment and skills to make all the arrangements.